Cobb County Sex Crimes Defense Attorney
Sex offenses can be some of the most serious crimes in the state of Georgia, and the penalties for conviction can be severe. However, there are defenses for sex crime charges in GA, and it is important to understand them if you or someone you know has been accused of such an offense.
If you are facing charges for a sex offense, contact our Cobb County sex crime defense lawyer today!
Sex Crimes in Cobb County, GA
Sex crimes are criminal offenses that involve sexual activity without the consent of all parties involved. The following are examples of sex crimes that can occur in Cobb County:
- Rape: This is the act of sexual intercourse without the consent of the other party. This includes instances where the victim is unable to give consent due to their age or mental state.
- Sexual Battery: This is the act of touching the intimate parts of another person without their consent.
- Child Molestation: This is the act of engaging in sexual activity with a child under the age of 16.
- Sexual Exploitation of Children: This is the act of possessing or distributing material depicting minors engaged in sexual activity.
Defenses for Sex Crime Charges in GA
Being accused of a sex crime can be a terrifying experience, but it is important to remember that there are defenses that can be used to challenge the charges. The following are some of the most common defenses for sex crime charges in GA:
- Consent: If the sexual activity was consensual, then there may be no grounds for a sex crime charge.
- Mistaken Identity: If the accused person was not the perpetrator of the crime, then they cannot be charged with the offense.
- Lack of Evidence: If there is not enough evidence to prove that a sex crime occurred, then the charges may be dropped.
- Coercion: If the accused person was forced or threatened into the sexual activity, then they may have a defense against the charges.
- Mental Incapacity: If the accused person was mentally incapable of consenting to the sexual activity, then they cannot be charged with a sex crime.
It is important to note that the specific defenses that can be used will vary depending on the circumstances of the case. An experienced Cobb County sex crimes defense lawyer can help determine the most effective defense strategy for a particular case.
Representation for Sex Crime Charges in GA
Sex crimes are serious offenses that can result in severe penalties in Cobb County, GA. However, there are defenses for sex crime charges in GA that can be used to challenge the charges. If you or someone you know has been accused of a sex offense, it is important to seek the advice of an experienced Cobb County sex crimes defense attorney who can help protect your rights and defend against the charges.
Call our team today for a free consultation with a sex crimes defense lawyer in Cobb County, GA.
Discovering YOUR Story
Tell Us About Your Case
MOST SITUATIONS AREN’T BLACK AND WHITE. WE’LL LISTEN TO YOUR STORY AND HELP YOU FIND THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME FOR YOUR CASE.
What Do I Do After My Third DUI Offense In Cobb County?
Is Possession Of A Controlled Substance A Felony In Georgia?
How Long Do You Stay In Jail For Domestic Violence In Georgia?
Can A Domestic Violence Case Be Dropped In Georgia?
What If My Georgia Lawyer Won’T Call Me Back?
What Is Considered Child Pornography?
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
"Kim gave our family our life back and we will forever be grateful for all her hard work and dedication."- Laura